Hello and welcome to Cute.A.S.nails!
Here you will see all of our nail art. They are all done by us and are free hand.
We hope you like them and try them all out yourself!


You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram @cute_AS_nails for daily nail updates!

Alice and Sophie
xoxo

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Confetti.A.S.nails

As promised here is my review on the fantastic NEW range of Barry M Confetti Nail Effect nail polishes!!

They have come up with another fabulous effect nail polish that bring a fun, Summer pop to your nails. It's so different to anything they have done before, or indeed other brands have done. And at just £3.99 each what more could you ask for!

The clear varnish is FILLED with confetti sprinkles that brush over the nail.
The best thing I found about them is that you can mix and match the Confetti colours with your favorite colour varnishes as a top coat OR you can build the Confetti effect by using a couple of coats over no colour at all! And because the bottles are literally full with confetti sprinkles you only have to do two coats to get a great effect!! (Unlike other similar products I've tried in the past where you would have to apply 4 or 5 coats just for the pieces to build up!)
They also dry amazingly quickly and smoothly. You can, but I didn't even feel I had to use a clear top coat over them.

These sweet inspired shades come in FIVE colours...amazing!!
I can see where the candy inspiration comes from as you truly can 'Pick and Mix' the shades to go with so many other colour base coats. This creates hundreds of different options and therefore making them even more of a bargain!

The shades are:

Dolly Mixture - a subtle Gold/Multi mix
Liquorice - Black & White
Marshmallow - Pale Pink
Bubblegum - a turquoise Blue
And Sour Apple - Green


As Sophie and I are like sisters, we are very good at sharing...;)
So when we received the new Summer launches from Barry M we divided them up equally so we could review then fairly.

I was lucky enough to get 4 of the Confetti effect polishes so my photos are of all of them apart from the Sour Apple (which Sophie will be posting about soon.)
In all of my photos they show just one layer of the Confetti sprinkles so you can see how well it applies.

First up is Liquorice (my favourite!), and I've layered it over the New Barry M Blue Grape Gelly Hi Shine polish. I LOVE these and think they look great together!!

Secondly I tried Dolly Mixture over the New Barry M Mango Gelly Hi Shine polish.

Next is Marshmallow over Barry M Lychee Gelly Hi Shine polish. (N.B. This Gelly colour polish is already in the shops!)

And finally is the Bubblegum over the New Barry M KeyLime Gelly Hi Shine polish.

(Please note - we are reviewing the other Barry M Summer launches too! They include the Sequin Effects and the New summer colours of the Gelly Hi Shine polishes, some of which I have used in my photos today to tease you!....so watch this space!)

These Confetti beauties are available instore on June 5th in Superdrug, and June 12th in Boots...Not long now!!

Good luck trying to choose just one! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment